1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08 Prius voltage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tim bowdoin, Aug 22, 2024 at 4:58 AM.

1. Tim bowdoin

Tim bowdoin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm looking at an 08 Prius to buy. When I hooked up my OBD2 scanner it read low voltage on one side and high voltage on another side. I didn't know what it meant and there was no code. Sorry I can't be more specific. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no idea what you're trying to measure or how you are going about it.

Brian1954 likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You hooked up a car scanner and it told you something about voltage high on one side and low on the other I'm not likely that's not generally how car scanners work they don't just plug up and start telling you about voltages It would have asked you if this was your car and it was a 2006 Prius with a bunch of numbers after it being the VIN number and so on and then you would have been able to initiate a scan and you would have had to wait while it scanned and then it would have put possibly some things up on the screen more than likely not very much so yes nobody's going to be very sure of what you saw because none of this is any kind of normal sorry.