1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08 Touring Wont Unlock, Fob battery is new

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BigBlackBunny, Nov 15, 2020.

1. BigBlackBunny

BigBlackBunny Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This morning when I went to my 08 Touring model Prius, it wouldn't unlock. Pressing buttons on the fob would make the prius beep like it was unlocking or locking, but the lights wouldn't flash and the doors remained locked. I had replaced the fob battery a few weeks ago due to it blinking a red light at me. I figured that was a low battery indicator.

Would this more likely be a fob battery issue, or a 12v issue?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you already checked the SKS button under the steering wheel?

What voltages are you reading at the jump point under the hood and again at the 12v in the trunk?

3. BigBlackBunny

BigBlackBunny Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At the moment, the little metal key is 100 miles away at home. Im unable to get into the car at all.

When I put my hand in the driver side door handle hole, the car beeps a few times like it knows I'm there and wants to unlock, but no flashing or anything else happens. Cant even hear the actuator trying anything.

Do we know anything about that before I find a ride home to get the little metal key?

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It sounds like a failing 12v battery, can you call AAA and have them open the door or make a new key?

When was the last time the 12v battery was replaced or serviced?

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you checked the battery is installed the correct way up as shown on the fob? The red light indicator on the fob should light up when any button is pressed. Does it?