1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

09 seats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tombukt2, Jul 23, 2024 at 7:22 AM.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So yesterday I had a 2009 or late 2008 card delivered to me with front end damage that has a pretty nice tan leather interior in it yeah I know Not my favorite color but it's in real good shape all the bolsters in the seats are perfect It's like nobody sat in this thing or if somebody did they weighed 99 lb. So the idiot who owned the car had taken the seats out and it ground off the tabs for the bolts that hold the seats to the car his idea was to put him in his boat He never got past grinding the tabs off to Mount to the Prius. So yesterday I took the two front seats broke the hog rings on the upper part of the back seat and was able to slide the whole slipcover foam airbag and all of it right up off the seat now I'm cleaning those and the seat bottoms that were just some plastic tabs and some wiring that unclipped from the spring that sits under the foam on the seat bottom and that just slid and pulled up right off the seat bottom all the foams are in perfect condition and the leather is perfect with no damages It just needs to be lightly cleaned there's no mold nothing All the straps that go around the seat belt and the reclining mechanism are all still perfect I just unclipped them and slid them through and took all this off now the frames are ready to go to recycling and I have the complete leather seat bottoms and backs off of those frames and more or less perfect condition It's funny they're not even very dried out this is the smooth leather non-perforated 07 to '09 interior so I have the four-door panels to match the armrest or center console cover is perfect other than it's a little dirty there's no damage to the leather pleather so we'll clean that too this is the interior that's falling apart on my '09 tan velor working interior so now I have a nice set of seats back seats and door panels for the work vehicle It'll almost make it too nice for work

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Now I know I can quickly do this in a tow lot or a junkyard older Toyota seats did not come apart this quickly this year took 35 minutes for the both seats the front seats to be completely stripped and the relevant pieces in the back of my automobile and ready to leave so now when I find these leather interiors I can strip them out very quickly that's a good thing.