1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1,000 mile range electric vehicle announced

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by clett, Mar 2, 2006.

1. clett

clett New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I've been talking about lithium being used to make long range battery-electric vehicles for years:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ecotech/lis3.htm

And have been suggesting that somebody should showcase the potential of Lithium-Ion with a 1,000 mile range EV project for ages too....

Now it seems that somebody's actually going to do just that! :)

Kokam, a leading Lithium-ion battery company, have just announced that they are planning to demonstrate a 1,000 mile range battery electric vehicle.

http://www.itsinternational.com/news/artic...m?recordID=8759

B)

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow.. pretty cool. too bad GM scrapped the EV. My mom wanted to get one when they came out, but she just signed into a lease contract with a ford vehicle at the time. They stopped selling them when our lease was up. *shrug*..too bad. i wanted her to get the EV1 too. Kinda bursted my enviromental bubble till i saw the second generation prius :)

That long of a range on an EV car would be really cool. I wonder what the charge time is. Maybe these newer technologies will give EVs a change again at the market... er.. one can hope.

3. wakeman84

wakeman84 New Member

man i wish this was available now b/c i would cancel my prius order and buy that in a heartbeat. that is as long as it was reasonably price.

mike

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Might be ready for prime time about when my 2004 dies.