1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$1,385 for 7,100 Platinum and 4 yrs/55,000 maintenence

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by danmiller3, Apr 15, 2004.

1. danmiller3

danmiller3 Junior Member

Is it a reasonable deal to pay $1,385 for the Platinum warranty which would also include 4 years/55,000 (every 5,000 miles) for the pre-paid maintenence plan (oil, lube, filter, roadside, etc...)?

I know some dealers have the extended warranty for as low as $835 but my dealer is saying the absolute lowest she could go would be $1,185 without the prepaid maintenance and $1,385 with it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    --Dan

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Compare these prices to the info here.

Also, regarding the pre-paid maintenance plan, take a look at this and this PriusChat thread.

3. mboileau

mboileau New Member

That's a better price than what I got. I paid about $1500 for the same warranty and it didn't include any scheduled maintenance.

This could easily spark a long discussion thread, but I wholeheartedly believe in extended warranties. They're always cheaper up front as part of the original purchase, and they're far less of a headache than a third-party warranty after the fact.

Aside from being a first year new production model, which inherently means there will be some level of glitchiness, the extensive computer equipment, control modules, displays, sensors, etc are all quite expensive to repair or replace out of pocket. You just need one device to fail once to justify the cost.