1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. I have a 2012 Prius C Two. I know they sell a hitch for it. How much should the hitch cost to p

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by tgpii, Jul 7, 2013.

1. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    1. I have a 2012 Prius C Two. I know they sell a hitch for it. How much should the hitch cost to purchase and how much should it cost to install? Also, how come they make a hitch but not a t connect wiring kit? (or do they make a wiring kit yet?

1. The Prius C has no engine temperature gage. So I have no idea in the winter when to turn the heater on.

1. Anyone know of any Prius/Toyota/Prius C clubs/shows in the Chicago, IL area?

If anyone of these questions are in the wrong threat please direct them/me to the correct thread

2. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Check out etrailer.com. They sell both a hitch and wiring harness for the c. It should be very easy to install yourself if you are so inclined. Just remember the Prius has a tow rating of 0 so do it at your own risk.

I you are worried about things like engine temp get yourself something like a scangauge - it plugs into the ODBC port and allows you to monitor a wide range of things including temp. If you plan on towing anything this is really a must have.

tgpii likes this.
  3. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, is the wiring harness plug in or do I have to cut/slice wires?

4. stevemcelroy

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    tgpii likes this.
  5. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Has anyone done this or am I better off just going to a shop?

6. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes several of us have done it and created threads on the install.
    Dan

7. stevemcelroy

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You are really the only one who can answer that question. Etrailer has links to the installation instructions online. I'd recommend that you review them. If you are comfortable doing it yourself then great, otherwise bring it to someone. I installed my own on my Gen 2 Prius which included having to re-pin a Camry wiring harness as a no-cut harness did not exist for the Prius at the time. It took about 90 minutes all told. It was all fairly easy. If you do it yourself just take your time and follow the instructions.