1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1 Month Prius Anniversary... How I Spent The Day

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by PriUncut, Jun 24, 2016.

1. PriUncut

PriUncut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    First I did something I should have done when I first got it. I took it to Discount Tire and had them change the tire pressure (on 17" Yokohama's) to 37 front, 35 rear. Wow... what a BIG difference. I can certainly feel a difference... and we'll see how that translates to gas mileage.

Next, I washed the car (even though it didn't need it)... with the No-Rinse Wash method. I used Optimum No-Rinse Wash & Wax from Accelerate and only 1 gallon of distilled water. That's it. See the Auto Fetish Detail guy on YouTube:

Next I used a Meguiar's Clar Bar on the car. Again, I watched allot of Darren's video's on YouTube. His advise is right on. Using a clay bar on the car (even though it's only 1 month old) produced remarkable results. There are so many air bourn contaminates on a new car (plus you never know what bad job dealerships typically do). I could feel the before and after difference... definitely worth it!

Then I used Meguiar's Paste wax on the car. Wow... what a work out! But I needed it... and so did the car. I figure, catch it early before it gets harder to do.

So I waxed on...

[​IMG]

And then waxed off...

[​IMG]

And then I did it again...

[​IMG]

The results were worth the effort...

[​IMG]

That's pretty much how I spent my whole day! One month anniversary... I deserve a beer now!

Cheers!!!

#1 PriUncut, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Tideland Prius, bisco and 'LectroFuel like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    gorgeous, you earned it!(y)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the claybar really helps give that pop (depending on the colour).

Tip for the wax: Apply sparingly because you have to wax off whatever you put on. A thicker application coat doesn't help. Do what @PriUncut did and apply two thin coats of wax if you want extra protection.

For me, the local store sells Mother's Step 2 - Sealant & Glaze. I use that step between claybar and waxing so I only apply one layer of wax (it's already a lot of work with the claybar plus the sealant & glaze).

glennonrp likes this.
  4. PriUncut

PriUncut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    You are absolutely correct... I followed the directions and applied two thin coats. Removing is certainly the harder process. But it's a good way to get to know every nook and cranny of your car! :sneaky: Wax can get into places you never thought it could! But the Meguiar's does not stain black plastic surfaces (like old school wax did). (n)

glennonrp and Tideland Prius like this.