1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1 motorcycle + 1 car + 155mph = 3 dead people

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Tideland Prius, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What a 155-mph Motorcycle Crash Looks Like
    Swedish police displayed the results of a crash where a motorcycle going 155 mph hit a car and killed both occupants.

The Swedish Police and Road Safety Department displayed the wreckage of this car-motorcycle collision at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair. The rider, who had recently obtained his license, was estimated to be going 155 mph (250 km) when he hit the car, which was moving slowly through an intersection.

The rider never had time to react at all at that speed. The impact flipped the car and threw it 10 feet from the point of impact. The rider and both occupants of the car, all dead, were found in the car.

Something to remember next time your throttle hand feels twitchy.

Pictures Available Here

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I looked at the pictures out of morbid curiosity but instead it just ticked me off.

If you're going to race your bike at 155 MPH, do everyone a favor and hit a tree or run into a wall. But for the love of God, LEAVE EVERYONE ELSE OUT OF YOUR DEATHWISH!!!

I had the unfortunate experience of watching as a drunk driver and his drunk buddy blew through an intersection and T-boned a Ford Taurus with four retirees. Two of the seniors died at the scene, the drunk driver was thrown out of the truck. All this happened less than 100 yards in front of me on a county highway. My friend and I were the only ones within miles and luckily trained in first aid.

I later found out that those poor people were on their way to the mall in another city to do some simple shopping.

I don't care how people choose to kill themselves. Just leave the rest of us alone.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Crap, maybe another 10mph or so, and he might have cut through the car...

There's a time and place for that sort of behavior...

It's not the speed that kills, but the irresponsible pilot...

:ph34r: