1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1-Touch Dailing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Flash Gordon, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon New Member

I have not been able to get the 1-Touch dialing entries to include name, along with the phone number. I have seen other Prius's with 1-Touch dialing with name and number. How do we get this to work?

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the name and number should transfer to from your phone. If something isn't showing up, something is wrong. what phone are you using?

3. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon New Member

I'm using an LG VX9800--great phone,but will not upload the phone book. So how do I get 1-touch to work with name and number? This seems to be a very big weekness in the BT of the Prius -- no manual entry of phone numbers with name tags that display. Any ideas?

Thanks!

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got an unlocked Sony Ericsson T68i on eBay for the sole purpose of uploading the phone book to the car.

As a bonus, I also use the phone when traveling abroad. I buy prepaid SIM chips and place them in the phone. My CDMA phone does not work in Europe and the prepaid service costs a fraction of what any of the U.S. carriers charge for roaming.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I thought the 2006 had manual entry of numbers and names.

In any event the name comes from the phone book. There are a couple of solutions. One is getting a cheap BT phone (as already suggested) that will send the phonebook. Another is to use a laptop with BT.