1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1 Year Anniversary with my Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by jqsmooth, Jul 18, 2013.

1. jqsmooth

jqsmooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well, it was a great first year. I do miss the 4x4 capability of my old 2002 Pathfinder, but can't beat the gas savings. I racked up 28k miles(mostly highway miles and lots of mountains) and the avg. mpg of 50.477. Total savings compared to the Pathfinder was $3,570.27. It is literally paying for itself. If you're on the fence about buying this car, just do it. :)

2. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Very nice! I'm about 7 weeks into Prius ownership and already saved $400+ in gas. I don't think I could ever go back to a traditional ICE car again.

SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 ? 2

jqsmooth likes this.
  3. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I've hit my one year mark today, my time. I may as well just repeat what I shared with my friends on Facebook.

priusc_fuelconsumption_sm.jpg

Today marks a full year of hybrid ownership for me and really, there was only one way to mark the occasion here, because this is what it boils down to.

I owned a 2003 Corolla manual hatch for almost five years from 2007-2012 and with over 50000km of tracking it averaged 8.14l/100km.

The almost identically-sized 'c' has covered over 13000km and averaged 4.37l/100km.

There you have it - out in the real world, that's almost-but-not-quite half. That's one hell of a piece of engineering right there... holy cow people... it takes HALF the energy to run it! And that's not from grandmothering it, because that's not how you get the best from a Prius anyway. In fact for most people it's best not to even think about it and let the car just do its thing.

Does it underperform the old Corolla? Is it a massive compromise? No and no. The drivetrain is radically different from a traditional car, so it is a different experience but roughly - on the highway it's about the same and in the city it's easily better and far more fun to drive.

HALF! Sorry, it blows my mind. I love it. Engineering FTW.

jqsmooth likes this.
  4. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    :cool: I'm on my 3rd month and I can say it's saved me $1200.00 bucks so far :eek: I'm on track to save $4000.00 in fuel alone in 12 months. That's a good egg to throw at my new truck purchase next year.

jqsmooth likes this.
  5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I've had my C for 17 months now and love it. It beats my 10 mpg truck all to heck in the mpg arena but I'd drive my truck if I could afford it.

I had an issue with the truck last winter and didn't drive it through the winter. It was the first time since 1988 I'd been without a 4x4 in the snow. I found the secret handshake to start the C in maintenance mode and drive with the traction control off. It was astounding!

There was no pulling people out of stuck situations, but with the wheel spin it got there was no stopping it. It tractors through built up snow in intersections like a champ.

The truck is fixed so I'll be able to go out on Karma Patrol again. But I most definitely won't have any worries about getting stuck in the C trying to get through any icy uphill intersections.

It's an option worth knowing.

jqsmooth likes this.
  6. clgutierrez

clgutierrez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, my C is now one year old. Before it I drove an Impreza (normal, not turbo) and it was always thirsty for fuel.

The Impreza averaged 12l/100km in the city while the C is averaging little more than a third (4.5l/100km). The old car accelerated nicely in the highway while the Prius is not so responsive in such scenario but you adapt quickly.

With congestion just getting worse every year down here in Santiago, Chile (my commute averages 14km/hr, about 9 mi/hr) and fuel at an all time high, I think the timing for buying the C couldn't had been better.

Sent ?

minkus and jqsmooth like this.
  7. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    photo (2).JPG
    This is basically my first year of ownership, I too have saved about $4,000 plus my employer gave me a $3,000 credit for buying a hybrid. WINNING!

jqsmooth likes this.