1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

10,000 mile service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jared2, Nov 9, 2005.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

I am coming up for my 10,000 mile service. What have you paid for this at a dealer? A local garage will do the oil change, tire rotation and brake inspection for $29.00 That where I'm going.

2. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like you are on the right track. 10,000 mile service isn't all that serious and doesn't require a great deal of service other than oil change and tire rotation. When in doubt, pull out that service book that should have come with the plethora of documentation associated with the car and see what services you are to get at what mileage. Do nothing more and do not let any dealer do more than that book no matter what they say.

3. GKarschnick

GKarschnick New Member

I just had my 10,000 mile service done last week. I used coupons from the dealer and got the whole thing for $19.95 plus tax. The dealer had sent out a brochure containing coupons for a free brake inspection, free tire rotation and oil change with filter for $19.95. It was al done in less than an hour (and the oil was NOT overfilled) at Toyota of Melbourne (Florida).

4. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My dealer now sends me coupons too. If they didn't I would look elsewere for oil changes ect. also.

5. jared2

jared2 New Member

Thanks. I did get some coupons from the dealer but they were for the oil change, not tire rotation.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I get my routine service at an independent no problems. Changing the oil and rotating tires is not tough.

7. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    maybe you can buy your own oil and filter (mobil 1)... and get even a greater discount?

at that price, they probably use cheapest stuff they can find!

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That’s what I do run the adds call around buy a case. Every 8th quart free! Well not free but I like to think about it that way