1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

10,800 Mile Road Trip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marcoinpb, Sep 22, 2008.

1. marcoinpb

marcoinpb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    10,800-mile road trip – 12 weeks. This was in my 07 Prius. 3 oil changes were the only events involving the Prius. Tires set at 52, 50. 48 MPG. Indeed this was not driving slowly – can you believe the POSTED speed limit in Texas is 80MPH! Always drove about 10% over posted limit.

Route included Palm Beach, FL, Charleston, SC, Nashville, TN, Memphis, TN, Little Rock, AR, Dallas, TX, El Paso, TX, Tucson, AR, Scottsdale, AR, La Jolia, CA, Lake Arrowhead, CA (1 week) , Malibu, CA, St George, UT, Salt Lake City, UT, Aspen, CO (9 days), Flat Head Lake, MT (10days), Lake Brule, WI (that was a long link! – 10 days) Chicago, IL, Canton, OH (4 days), Washington, DC ( 10 days) and back to Palm Beach, FL.

The trip was not intended as a site-seeing trip. Trip WAS made to see friends (at each stop) who I had not seen over a long period of time.

Any questions?

2. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    All that & no stops in the Pacific Northwest?? :rain:

3. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sounds like a pretty good number for the speed. I did about the same on 1800 miles straight from IN to AZ last year. All was about 5-10 over the limit, did just over 48 mpg.

Rob

4. marcoinpb

marcoinpb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Something had to give! The NW had only one stop I wanted to make so it was easy to cut out what would have been an additional 1,500 - 2,000 miles. 10,800 was about all I could do. From the beginning, I realized that I could, at any time, put the Prius on a truck and fly home - but I finished 85% of the planned drive.

Cheers,

5. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Where are all the pictures? I would love to see them..

6. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    10K in a Prii? Sounds like fun! I would have done 55mph and drove the cities and towns at 35 if possible. But I save that kind of trip for when I retire. Maybe my next Prii!