1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

10 Most Expensive Legislator Vehicles Paid by CA Taxpayers

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Jul 17, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Surprise! Surprise! And most are hybrids in name only...awful fuel economy relative to the average car.

3. nthach

nthach New Member

If you're driving a car on the taxpayer dime, it should be no more than a fully loaded Prius V, Camry Hybrid or XLE I-4, Civic Hybrid, Accord EX-L but preferably a rent-a-car spec Impala, Malibu, Fusion or Charger.

4. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Why not give them the same spec vehicles that the fire and police and other agencies get. Ford Taurus, Crown Vic, Dodge Charger.

5. nthach

nthach New Member

The 'Vic is overkill, it's a V8 that isn't too terribly good at gas mileage but it is also a very reliable and solid car. I think the Charger 3.5L V6 is a much better choice, or the V6 Chevy Impala.

6. ramolnar

ramolnar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Legislators don't need vehicles as big as the Taurus and Charger, I think; they are fairly large cars. Plus the Taurus and Charger get something like 22 MPG.

Obviously, Priuses would be a good idea both on cost and environment. The LA Times says that the state keeps the car, and the resale value of Priuses is good.

From American nameplates (though I see Lexus and Toyota on there), at roughly the $30K level, why not the Ford Fusion hybrid? Good ratings and much better MPG; I'd recommend that.

7. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If there's a reason they should be driving those three models, it's that there (may) be pre-existing state-operated infrastructure for serving these vehicles as opposed to requiring relatively expensive dealer-provided service.

8. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The best vehicle for most legislators is the B Ship.

Tom