1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

10 Prius on Lot in Chesapeake, VA

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by chillyfl, Mar 2, 2005.

1. chillyfl

chillyfl New Member

This is my first post on Prius Chat. I have been reading this forum for sometime as my wife and I have debated buying a Prius. We finally took the plunge today, but we have bought the vehicle sight unseen. We live in Jacksonville Florida where you have to pay over MSRP if you want the car in less than 2 months. My wife did some leg work and found 10 Prius at a dealership up in Virginia. After talking with a salesperson over the phone, we were offered considerably below MSRP. We decided we would fly up to Virginia, visit some friends, and drive back to Florida. If you are looking for a Prius and willing to travel, there are plenty to be had at this dealership.

When I asked him how they came to have so many, he made it sound like they had been given more allocation by Toyota because of some awards that they have won recently. However, there were a couple other Prius around the greater Hampton Raods areas at other dealerships. But when we called them they were quoting prices over MSRP. But it seems like supply has caught up to demand in this area of the country. The salesperson thought that was going to be the case all over the country by late summer, and doubted that many folks will be paying over MSRP by then.

Anyway, of all the places that we contacted over the phone, this was the only dealership that quoted below MSRP right off the bat. If you are interested in working with the same salesperson, his name is Don Lansbury (don't qoute me on the spelling) at Priority Toyota in Chesapeake Virginia (757)513-5111.

So now that we finally decided to drink the kool-aid, next step is to figure out which tires to upgrade too... Ooops, I think that is a different forum.

-Michael

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to the "cult", Michael (and wife).

10 Prii on the lot?! Are you sure it wasn't a meet-up? Is there a Prius owner wandering around looking for their car?

3. popsrcr

popsrcr New Member

Priority Toyota in Petersburg is usually fast to get them as well. I got one without being on the waiting list. They just called me.

4. chillyfl

chillyfl New Member

Tony-

The 10 Prius is based on information from a dealer over the phone. I definitely can not vouch for it. Seemed like a lot to me as well, which is why I asked him about it. He said that when you win certain awards, specifically the customer rated awards, toyota allows the dealership to choose extra cars over what they are allocated. He said that Priority has been consistently choosing Prii (is this the "cult" word for multiple Prius ) over the last year which is how they have gotten so many.

I wonder if there is less demand in Virginia because of the news on the hybrid losing their special HOV privaleges in Virginia. But like I said in another post, the verdict is still out on this deal until we are driving away from the lot in 3 weeks.