1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

100% production by September

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by MikeR5, Jun 16, 2011.

1. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota just announced production will be at 100% by September.
    Hopefully this means all the crazy prices will start to come down sooner rather than later as more people will hopefully wait til Fall. I really need a car now- but I may be willing to wait as well.

Toyota USA Newsroom | North American Toyota Production Expected to Reach 100 Percent in September

North American Toyota Production Expected to Reach 100 Percent in September

Parts Recovery Is Earlier Than Anticipated

ERLANGER, Ky. (June 16, 2011) – North American vehicle production levels are expected to return to 100 percent in September, Toyota said today. Production is recovering earlier than originally anticipated following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

On average, current production has improved to more than 80 percent through August. Eight of the company’s 12 North American-built models returned to 100 percent production on June 6.

“After September we will focus on making-up lost production as much as possible,†said Steve St. Angelo, executive vice president of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing, North America. “Our team members and suppliers here and in Japan have worked tirelessly to get us back to 100 percent, overcoming many challenges. The effort in Japan has been incredible, especially in the midst of such tragedy and devastation.â€

2. caldba

caldba New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That' excellent news! Gas prices coming down and now 100% production by Sept.

3. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wonder why this was moved out of pricing? I go there for news like that in hopes prices will be coming down.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It was moved out of pricing b/c it is news. Your hopes aren't really relevant to where the thread belongs.

FWIW, I don't think pricing will be coming down any time soon. I do appreciate you posting the thread though.

5. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ahh ok- I just know in dealers and pricing- all sorts of talk about will the prices come down once production begins again- and all sorts of speculation about when that would be. Well, prices certainly can't go up anymore! Ha

6. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    NORTH AMERICAN

They don't make priuses here.