1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

100K or 120K Scheduled Service?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CBarr31, Sep 6, 2008.

1. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    100K or 120K Scheduled Service ... which is it?

I was reading the FANTASTIC thread on services from Galaxee, thanks by the way, and was looking at my "passport".

My Toyota Scheduled Maintenance book doesn't list a 100,000 mile service but a 120,000 mile service. It lists things like the iridium plugs, inverter coolant, engine coolant, etc... that are mentioned in the thread as 100K service items.

So, I was wondering ... which is really the recommended interval 100K or 120K? I asked my dealership and they said 120K. Of course they supplied the scheduled maintenance passport so one would expect that.

What are the thoughts here? Specifically Galaxee if you are out there.

Thanks!!! Gotta love the Prius :D:D mine is Ema.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hey cbarr,

it's your call- it's not like the 3000 vs 5000 mile oil change, where it adds up to many more oil changes over the life of the car. toyota says 120k, and while the idea of $25/spark plug isn't particularly appealing, by 100k they've seen a lot of use too. same with the fluids. doing this at 100k doesn't make for having to do it more times over the life of the car.

sounds like you're putting quite a few miles on the car, it would be worth it in DH's opinion to do it the stuff at 100k just to make sure it's in top condition.

3. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Galaxee,

Thanks for the help!!! I am actually at 126,000 miles now and will schedule it for the 130K service coming up. I drive a ton for work and recently posted to the 100,000 Mile Club on that note.

All my miles or almost all are highway miles so I figured I could go a little farther because there isn't as much wear on the car as the stop and go of "city" driving.

Do you mind if I post or PM you a list of what I would like to have done on the car to elicite your opinion? To bad DH isn't working on cars anymore I am just down in Mooresville so the drive to Greensboro wouldn't be bad at all.

Thanks again for the help.

Chris

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    sure, go ahead and send a PM. i'll have him take a look while he's here this weekend. :) he's actually not too far from mooresville for school, he's taking classes in hudson and hickory.