1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

102k MILES ... issues -Sounds like change is rattling around in my front end

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by flospeakman, Aug 30, 2013.

1. flospeakman

flospeakman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In July, I was rear ended. I drove the car for a week before getting it into the shop and no problems.

I had my mechanic do the body work (they have been working on the car since I go it) and I love them.

It was also time for my 100,000 mile service, so I got that done, plus I got two new tires.

Then, my front driver side strut blew out. Front strut assemblies have now been replaced.

I got the car back last night and on the way home from work, I start hearing this noise from the front end of the car that sounds like change rattling around in the wheel well. I got it home, and hubby put it up on the blocks and we can't see anything.

Nothing seems wrong with the performance of the car, and I will take it back to the mechanic tomorrow, but I just would love an inkling as to what this could be!!!

I really don't want to shell out ANOTHER $500 for something, so I'm really hoping someone here knows what it is and can give me an idea.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My guess is that there is some tool lying in the cowl tray where the windshield wiper motor sits. Or, your mechanic did not tighten something.