1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

11,394 Prius in Sept . . .

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Oct 1, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    1 person likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not bad though, considering the state of the union.:rolleyes:

3. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This is the coming 'train wreck:'
    [​IMG]
    This is the trend I'm seeing:

• RAV4 parallels Prius - initially both run parallel
    • Prius pre-ZVW30 suppression - the new Prius is announced and the older NHW20 sales slow down, inventory clearance and waiting for new model
    • Prius ZVW30 arrives - new model and earlier lost sales come back for a few months
    • RAV4 parallels Prius - back again
    • Something happens to RAV4 - new model announced and arrives? March sales event?
    • Prius lagging - some of this is market erosion as the Ford Fusion and Honda Insight seem to be taking more hybrid market share.
    What bothers me is we're seeing a bunch of new hybrid and EV announcements. What we've seen in the past is when it happens to the Prius, a new model coming, the sales are suppress just like we are seeing now. When the new Prius arrives, sales bounce back . . . only there is no new Prius announced or coming . . . unless the PHEV is considered the new Prius.

I would like to see a growing hybrid market, a percentage of all sales going above 3% and headed to 5% and above. But the Dashboard reports are still showing hybrid sales under 3%. Into this mix, the new hybrids are coming and many will get USA subsidies.

If the new hybrids increase hybrid market share, great. Expanding the performance range of hybrids is a good thing and Ford has also reworked the Escape. Regardless, a flat-line on the Prius is somewhat understandable but if there is not a significant expansion of hybrid penetration in the total vehicle market . . . it won't be good.

Bob Wilson

1 person likes this.
  4. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well the Prius also outsells all the other hybrids combined, so we can look at it that way too. Clearly with gas stable there will be less demand for it. SUV sales have increased again due to cheaper gas prices.

It is fantastic the Prius is selling so stable and it shows that it is selling on many merits and has a core audience that believes in the produce irregardless of gas prices.

5. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Dashboard reports similar concerns:
    September 2010 Dashboard: Hybrid Sales Slide, While Clean Diesel Continues Growth | Hybrid Cars

Bob Wilson