1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

11 days of new Prius bliss

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by snarfo, Mar 2, 2005.

1. snarfo

snarfo New Member

Well, as of today I've had my new silver #6 for 11 days. I'm SO glad I was patient enough to wait the 10 months it took me to get this car. It's just incredible.

In my job as a computer support guy for the local school district I get to all the 14 buildings here and I've been unilaterally praised for my choice of car by people who know what it is--- and keep in mind that this eastern Iowa community is predominantly NOT exactly a progressive, forward-thinking place.

The people who have not heard of the Prius have been very interested for me to give them a little demo which (of course) I'm more than happy to do. From the voice-controlled NAV system to the smart entry & start to the operation of the drivetrain, I get a lot of "oooos" and "ahhhhs" and so far nary a negative comment.

What's interesting is that many folks have asked me where I plug it in at night and how can I afford such an obviously enormously expensive car. The looks on their faces when I say you never plug it in and it was only $26,666.00 are truly priceless. It was assumed I would get a new third-gen Avalon to replace my old one, but after a look at my new gadgetmobile everyone seems to understand!

Does anyone else here feel like a Prius evangelist? I would assume so. For all our proselytizing on their behalf, I'd say Toyota should give us a generous kickback :)

2. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

My husband approached a Prius owner in a parking lot here and asked how he liked his car. He told me, "Man, he was as bad as you! Started talking about his car and wouldn't stop." He (my husband) asked him if he'd heard of PriusChat and told him he should check it out. I just think he was glad to be able to add something to the conversation.

Why does Toyota need salesmen when we do most of the work for them?

3. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hello Everybody,

Can I get an AMEN?! Yes, this car does bring out the evangelist in everyone.

Congratulations on your wonderful new car and your stunning color choice. I have been blissfully happy with mine for the entire 26 days I have had her.

I am still regaling my friends, family, pets, aquaintance's and total strangers with pithy bon mots regarding the wonders of this car. I think that this will wear off at some point but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Enjoy your new car, the more you drive it, the more you will love it.

Take care & have a great day!

Tisza

4. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

Two months and 4400 miles later it has not worn off for me, I am still telling people about this wonderful motoring experience.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Why are these messages posted in the "Other Cars" thread?

6. snarfo

snarfo New Member

Hm, I didn't think I had posted it in 'Other Cars'...

I think I've pretty much sold a couple people in the school district on buying a Prius, even with the wait. If it wasn't going to take so long I think I would have more people signing up.

Time for Toyota to open a new Prius plant, methinks.

7. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    And to offer an owner referral bonus!

Take care,

Tisza