1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

115K Service Performed

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Demoes4x, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Demoes4x

Demoes4x Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Decided at 115k it was time for some maintenance so I performed the following;
    Motor Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Cabin Filter, Trans-axle Fluid, Engine coolant, Inverter Coolant, and Spark Plugs.
    It took me about 3.5 hours to complete and it was a pretty straight forward job. I wanted to post the PDF docs on the inverter/engine coolant and trans-axle fluid procedures for those of you who are looking to tackle the job themselves to save some money. I've driven 1k miles since the work was performed with no issues to the inverter.
    Good luck.

#1 Demoes4x, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    TC400 and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks and well done!(y)

3. Debster

Debster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    New to Priuschat. How do I search for recommendations for important 100k service items?
    Thanks out there!

4. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    You only need to change the ICE oil, ICE and inverter coolant, and the ICE and A/C air filter. My 2012 Prius C has 140,000 miles and still has the original spark plugs, original ICE water pump, original inverter water pump, original transaxle fluid, original brake pads.

5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Toyota owner info

Put your details in there and you can download PDFs of the full manual, the maintenance quick reference card and a few other useful bits.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The Toyota USA booklet with maintenance schedule is named Warranty and Maintenance Booklet.

7. Debster

Debster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for this information. I’ve found the details from my dealer here in Ventura, California, however it’s extensive and $1,000+. Are there any MUST DO’s. We never had an 80 or 90,000 service but have maintained regular oil change/rotations.

8. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Dealers always do that.

If you walk in and say "my odometer says xxxxx today" they'll just clobber you.

That's why it is important to read the actual maintenance instructions, determine whether you've missed anything in the past, and reduce it to a very specific list of what you need today. Then you go in and ask for those specific services.

Mendel Leisk likes this.