1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'12 Prius V 54k miles needs nothing Sanford NC

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by mikefocke, Jul 9, 2019.

1. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Prius v 2012 5 seat hybrid station wagon ~55k miles Model Three white exterior with light grey interior with the following differences from the typical model Three:

· Leather Seats and Armrests dealer installed with Toyota kit prior to delivery +~$700

· LED DRL (Daylight Running Lights) dealer installed with Toyota parts +~$700

· Weathertech rubber floor mats front and rear footwells and rear cargo area (Original mats included) +~$350 Snow, rain or even milk spills no problem.

· Michelin Low Rolling Resistance tires, wiper blades, AGM 12v battery replaced

· Oil and filter changed at 1k and every ~5k interval in contrast to typical 10k changes. Last change ~54.5k miles. Nothing but OEM synthetic oil used.

· Two recalls performed. None outstanding.

· Navigation firmware update and map update done, XM-radio (requires subscription), Entune, single CD

· 2 remote key fobs, luggage section privacy cover, original hubcaps.

· No accidents. Not even a metal chip. Some small bumper chips.

· All service records available for inspection. Serviced only by a single dealer. Last inspection report at 54.5k miles

· Probably the most upgraded, documented v you can find. Clear title. One owner. Needs nothing that I know of.

Hybrid battery warranty good for 8 years from date of original purchase or 100k miles. Typically, they last twice as long. Brakes last maybe last 100k or more.

41.6+ MPG over its lifetime (verify at fuelly.com under goodwitch).

Kelly Blue Book $11.4k-$13.4k very good condition private party sale Carmax offers 2 similar but 92k and 130k miles and lesser upgrades at $13k+

$12.0k due to upgrades and maintenance history.

Sanford NC 50 miles south of Raleigh, 30 miles North of Fayetteville

RMB and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Pics:whistle:?

Good luck with the sale(y).

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Surprising for the car being advertised as being in a little out of the way town 50 miles from a city of any size I got 12 calls and, within 24 hours, I have a deposit in my bank and have a buyer flying in from RI on Friday. I think all from a $5 Craigslist ad in a nearby city. Yet several people out of state called. Always wonder afterwards if you priced it too low. My wife has already questioned the price but there is utility in a quick sale. (I sold our last house 2 weeks before the 2008 housing crash when she was wanting to hold out for the last $5k. Sometimes you just take your money off the table.)

RMB and bisco like this.
  4. VFerdman

VFerdman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You did well and so did the buyer. Win-win. Always good, even if it's not an absolute maximum you could have gotten. Sounds like a great car. I really wanted a V as a second car, but decided on a non-hybrid (Matrix) as a good backup.