1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

120k maintainence help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by danny871, Dec 10, 2008.

1. danny871

danny871 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a 2004 pruis that has a 110,00 miles on it.......I have not changed any of the fluids in the vehicle and am getting ready to service the vehicle....could I get some advised on what needs to be done on the service.......Toyota gave me a suggested maintainence book that does not match my owmers manual....Any help would be appreciated

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Danny,

First I suggest that you become familiar with this webpage:
    Toyota Parts and Service

Beyond the recommendations for 120K miles, I suggest that you replace the transaxle fluid using 4 qt of Toyota ATF WS fluid, and replace the engine and inverter coolants as those are past due. Use Toyota Super Long Life Coolant which is pink color and premixed with distilled water. Then you should be good to go.

3. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    However, if you're not familiar with the air purging procedure for replacing the coolant let the dealer handle it.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did that "suggested" maintenance book come from Toyota, or from the dealer? Dealers always have boat payments to make.

The link provided by Patrick above is definitely the place to start.