1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V aux batter cover deck

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CharlesJ, Jan 18, 2009.

1. CharlesJ

CharlesJ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    How do you remove the rear cargo deck, #3, over the 12v aux battery?

I have seen the pictures to replace the batter and see the slots for some kind of clips to go into them but how do you get the clips out without breaking something:D
    Thanks.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Use your fingers to gently pull on the tab to detach the plastic clips from the slots. However don't be surprised if a clip breaks, especially if you are doing this in cold ambient temps when the plastic is brittle.

3. CharlesJ

CharlesJ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

You are quick:D
    I was just about to delete my message as I just figured it out.
    Decided to check the tire tread depth so I can get a history on the wear pattern, so far at 8.2k they are all even, and then decided to have another look at the cover:D
    On the 2008 it has a tab about 3"x5", above the deck cover, right below the access port to the tail light. The tab is attached to the cover as it turns out. I decided to gently pull on the top of it, out. came out nicely with just two small tabs. Then, the cover just slid out in a clockwise rotation fashion. The remaining two tabs are just that, not clips.
    Thanks again.