1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12V battery vent tube

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Has Raf, Sep 13, 2024 at 6:45 AM.

1. Has Raf

Has Raf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How important is the 12V battery vent tube? My 57-reg Prius doesn’t have one. There’s just a hole in the floor where it should be…

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You'll never notice it to be honest about it unless you are able to get some really cheap old style batteries which may be the case in your country I don't know I have a few cars with the tube is long gone and they all have batteries in them and work everyday nobody's ever smelled a thing lol You got to realize that battery fan blower pieces tubing square that goes across the battery has a cutout in it that blows hot air right on top of the battery about where that tube is so anything coming out of that tube or out of that hole where the 12 volt is is being whisked away when the HD fan is on blowing everything out that vent in the rear quarter right to the side of the battery so not likely you're ever going to smell anything with the quarter panel covering there the vent tube and the fan working just not a likely event.

Has Raf likes this.