1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12v issues

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by Legogo, Aug 8, 2024 at 12:39 PM.

1. Legogo

Legogo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Gents, the car is Prius C Gen 1 2014. 12v battery was swapped with the noname 35a/h (not an AGM)

Two years ago after installation of the voltmeter I noticed the voltage drops. Aftermarket rearview mirror starts to blink the camera video. If the voltage is ok there are no blinkings

When the car is on parking mode the voltage is normal
    Once the shift lever changed to any other mode (drive or rear) the voltage drops for 1 unit less

Measurements from the 12V battery are indicating 1V more than on other power consumers. Checked on Audio head unit plug, rear reverse lights plug and some other consumers - all showing 12,8-12,4V

14,3-14,4 v are only available on Parking mode or other modes of the shift lever with headlights on

What can be the reason?

Here is the video of how and what is happening:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you having any problems, or just trying to understand how the electrical system works?

3. Legogo

Legogo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    The only problem I faced with, during these 2 years while I witness the issue is blinking small display on rear view mirror which shows the video from rear view camera
    I also plan to install the audio system and afraid of the consequences of the low voltage

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how long after installing the new battery did the mirror start to blink?
    is there some place that can load test the 12 volt?