1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12v Source in Headliner/roof area?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by scrull, Jan 3, 2015.

1. scrull

scrull Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hey guys, i'm setting up a Valentine V1 near the top of my windshield and it requires a 12v source for power. Currently, I've routed a wire up along the driver-side weatherstripping and headliner. This works fairly well but I was wondering if there was a 12v source in the headliner area I could T-tap for a more streamlined setup. I was thinking the dome lights, but those are all controlled by switches and door relays. Does anyone know of a power source that is constant 12v or switched on by battery in that area?

2. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Try testing the 12v line going into the dome lights. I'm under the impression that the door switches work as a ground interrupt, not actually acting on the 12v line

orenji likes this.
  3. scrull

scrull Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    That's a good point.

4. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you've changed-out the incandescent bulbs for LEDs, you're probably using less current, therefore a bit of surplus capacity should be available.