1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

12volt aux battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by NortTexSalv04Prius, Apr 22, 2012.

1. NortTexSalv04Prius

NortTexSalv04Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Will adding a secondary 12 aux battery to Gen2 Prius only benefit be additional amperage.....

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if you have a garage you will come out better trickle charging just one 12V battery over night every night to give your 12V a "surface charge" which would increase your mpg by 2-3mpg. You could "permanently" install one and have the cord come out a side window or something to that effect.

1 person likes this.
  3. NortTexSalv04Prius

NortTexSalv04Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well
    Here my situation (or thinkin) I have one yellow top optima 51 already(instlled/required to start). I am not sure how these do with trickle charge. I also have and 2second yellow top optima available that I am not using and am considering installing with positve+ terminal being hookup to the jumper contact inside engine relay compartment. Then negative- just ground to closest body contact...
    Otherwise I am curious of what any1 had in mind on a 2nd 12volt battery config.

4. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you better wait for Seilerts on that one

1 person likes this.