1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

13 trailer wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Centurian, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Centurian

Centurian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ordered this kit:

Up to 2012, curt had a Prius specific plug N play wiring solution. I called them prior to ordering to see if it applies to the the 13 and they told me to use the generic solution in the above combo. So, hung the hitch today and started digging in to wire. Accessing the brake light wiring looks to be a bit of a challenge to the LED portion of the tail & brake lights. I am also concerned that the LED lights might be supplied something other than 12v so thought I'd ask here. Any suggestions where to easily and safely tap into the lights would be appreciated.

2. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You should just use the MY12 wiring kit. Send the generic kit back. Until the gen 4 there is no reason to believe that anything changes in the taillight's wiring. If I remember correctly there was no specific MY12 kit when I installed my trailer wiring kit from etrailer.com. MY11 was the most current listing at that time. It was totally plug and play with no issues at all.