1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

15 Year Anniversary of Prius Ownership

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by enerjazz, Jul 29, 2019.

1. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Today marks 15 years since I picked up a 2004 Prius. I've updated my extensive data and charts at my website (https://enerjazz.com/prius). I even covered my Prius experience in my new book The Joy of Efficiency.

Key summary items:
    Years: 15
    Miles: 149,359
    Money saved on gas: $8,411 (compared to a 25 mpg car)
    CO2 emissions reduction: 113,244 lbs of CO2
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. DWJM2513

DWJM2513 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Dang man you are dedicated lol. And I thought I did alot by calculating my mpgs at the pump

donbright likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    me too!(y) (okay, i don't remember the exact day, and my neighbor now owns my 04:whistle:)

enerjazz likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well done! Ours went kaput in Feb 2016 so we decided it was time to upgrade to the 2016 model.

5. donbright

donbright Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    that is incredible... so many questions... one really interesting thing is watching the MPG/temperature curve drop as you approach 100 degrees Farenheit - around here it looks like it's going to be 100 degrees+ for weeks at a time this summer.

i wonder what would a Tesla log would look like in comparison. A lot of Tesla discussions mention the lack of maintenance required - however most of the stuff on this log is also needed on a Tesla - tires, wipers, brakes, cabin filter, 12v battery (although new Tesla model Y will supposedly do away with this). Tesla has coolant pumps too and I bet they wear out eventually. ...

srellim234 likes this.
  6. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another thing you don’t hear about is availability of parts. I recently saw an article where people that have had an accident in a Tesla can wait many months for repair parts, even a year.

7. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Thank you for providing such a detailed analysis. A lot to be gleaned from that information.

Like donbright, I too am quite interested in the mileage as the cars approach 100*F weather. Our 2008 spends most of its summers running through the Mojave Desert and down to Palm Springs. Within the last two weeks it's seen four trips to the Laughlin/Bullhead City area as we are moving out there and have been house shopping. Saturday's trip out saw over 200 miles at 103+* and Sunday's trip back was over 250 miles at 109* to 117*. We're already making plans to replace the hybrid battery once we move as that kind of heat is so hard on it and it will be like that all summer every year.

8. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, the MPG vs Temperature chart is interesting. You can clearly see the effect of heat (more AC and high battery temperature) and the cold (more engine warm-up). And the LRR tire data is interesting too.[​IMG]

Raytheeagle, donbright and srellim234 like this.