1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

153 km/h in a 110 zone

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Apr 7, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    http:// autospeed.com/ cms/A_111501/article.html
    (NOTE: I get a 'browser warning' if I don't include the SPACE charcters.)

Oh how I can relate to this tale.

Bob Wilson

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was pulled over recently for doing 100+km/h in a 60 zone. I turned onto a road leading to the new bridge in the area. The road was wide open, and I floored it. All of a sudden I see the ruby/sapphire sparkle in my rear view. It was an unmarked police truck. I cursed myself for not paying attention. I'm usually able to sense cops, and switch my driving to match the herd.

I pull over immediately, and have my license and registration in hand, ready to receive a well deserved ticket. He asked me how fast I was going, I told him I must've been going at least 90. Then he asked me what the limit was, and I told him it was 60. He told me he could give me an excessive speeding ticket, but then he just let me go. Nice guy.

I seem to have a way with cops. I guess the key is to not insult their intelligence. They know how fast you're going, and they know you know what the limit is. I've been pulled over more than a dozen times in my 15 years of driving. The only time someone has taken the effort to write a ticket was when I went to the states on Christmas Day, and went 5mph over in a 40mph zone. Merry Christmas, I guess!