1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

16'' group buy

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by justwatchme, Oct 26, 2004.

1. justwatchme

justwatchme New Member

Is there anyway people here in the US could get together for a group buy on the 16'' wheels? If we could would anyone be interested in it?

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I may be, depending on the cost.

It may be more prudent for me to take that step when it is time to get new tires (Which I hope will be a while).

3. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I would be interested also, again depending on price. Timing is not critical, since it would be best to not buy the tires for the rims until the existing tires are due to be replaced.

4. CoolWind

CoolWind New Member

Hi folks - this is my first post here. I'm also interested in this. I have yet to even take delivery of my Prius, but am already looking at wheels. If anyone has connections at TireRack.com, we might be able to get a wheel/tire combo special offered to members of this forum...

5. orlans108

orlans108 Junior Member

Dear Everyone,

I'm new to the chat line, but I'm VERY interested in 16" wheels for the 2005 Prius.

I've begun research into this and want to proceed.

6. justwatchme

justwatchme New Member

ya is there any way someone could find a way to find the 16 inch wheels somewhere and mabye find a way to trade in our 15's :wink: im only 18 and on a tight budget. I think everyone on this board who is even mildly interested should leave a comment on this thread to show that there is indeed a demand for these.

7. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is an idea which has been bantered around in the past. The previous thread on this issue resulted in Carson Toyota, a good group with kind folks, advised the "stock" Japanese/Euro 16" Toyota made wheels at $310 each. They look great but for $1200 I can spend a week in Europe.

8. Heikki

Heikki Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Resonable price

1200 USD is very reasonable price for four 16" Japanese/Euro wheels!
    I bought winter tires (Bridgestone WS 50 195/55 R16) with original Euro alloys and the price for whole set was 2225 Euros (2803 USD).

9. orlans108

orlans108 Junior Member

It's true: 16" wheels are standard in Europe. They look great. Here's a link to Toyota of Germany's web site with Prius photos with 16" wheels:
    http://www.toyota.de/showroom/prius2003/gallery.html Check the gallery of photos.

I don't want to pay $310 a wheel. Has anyone found good-looking 16" wheels that will fit a Prius? I would like to get a similar design to the European ones. Many tire/wheel web sites here don't have a category for Prius. Do other Toyota wheels (Carolla?) fit a Prius too?

Daniel

10. CoolWind

CoolWind New Member

Here's one from tirerack.com for $119. I don't know this brand at all, or how the weight compares to the OEM wheel from Toyota, but the price is not bad for 16x7" rims. These are specifically noted by tirerack as compatible with the 2005 Prius:

Prius 16" Wheels at TireRack

We still need to see if there are enough of us (and someone with a contact) to try to negotiate a group buy.

11. orlans108

orlans108 Junior Member

It seems that it won't be a problem mfinding good 16" wheels for the Prius - group buy or no. But finding GREAT tires in the best tire size we need - 195/ 55/16 - is not so easy. (I wanted the Michelin HydroEdge for example). I just looked for almost an hour and came up emptyhanded. Anyone have any suggestions for a high performance all season radial? I don't want to move to 16" wheels without a highly rated tire to go on it.

12. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

I have a set of used Prius original 16" tires and wheels (4 pairs for a vehicle).
    They are for Japanese and European market.

Tires: Michelin Pilot Primacy (OEM) 195/55R16
    Wheels: Toyota Prius original 16x6JJ PCD=100mm offset=45mm
    Wheel caps: Toyota Prius original for 16" wheels

They are very slightly used, less than 500 miles.
    I would like to get US$1,000 or more for the 4 pair set.
    I don't know how much will be needed for shipping from Japan now.

If anyone interested, please send me e-mail.

Regards,
    Ken@Japan