1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

16" Prius v (lowercase v) wheels fit a regular 2012 Prius?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Agusta, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Agusta

Agusta New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hi Everyone! I recently got a 2012 Prius and I am really enjoying it. Coming from a 2005 Subaru STi, this is quite a difference...but I now feel like a grown up ;)

My car came with 15" black rims under hubcaps. I have the opportunity to buy the 16" Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) Wagon wheels but I just want to know if they will fit my car. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for the help!

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    uh oh ... our friendly moderator of the north will be moderator'ing your post in no time. Small 'v'. Don't feel bad, even us cranky ol' timers write it wrong
    ;)

*Mod note since you brought it up, lets let him know the reason why. It's a lowercase v for the Prius v wagon and an uppercase V only when talking about the 2010 Prius V; Prius Five beginning model year 2011 on.

I'd have the folks at one of the local wheel stores say yay or nay, rather than someone on the board who 'thinks' they know ... because you never know.
    ... and welcome!

3. Agusta

Agusta New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Oops, right. I'll get the hang of these letters eventually thanks for pointing that out.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, they won't fit. 100mm vs 114.3mm bolt circle diameter.

Check out the long wheel thread in the accessories and mod forum for what does fit (older Scion TC, Corolla, FRS/BRZ, Lexus CT200h,etc.)

#4 xliderider, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  5. Agusta

Agusta New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Aha! You just saved me some time and money thank you for the reply.