1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'16 two vs two eco?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by bentbow, Jan 22, 2018.

1. bentbow

bentbow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    coming from a 2013 lexus ct200h (based off the 2013 prius). I've heard handling might be different as the lexus is "sportier".

Eco has 56mpg and two has 52 mpg, mainly due to lighter battery, no spare, no rear wiper, and LRR tires. The cars are otherwise identical, correct? Couldn't one just put LRR tires on the Two and get most of that 4mpg difference back?

Are there any 2 year reviews of the 2 cars? how is the Li-ion battery doing so far?

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So far both battery packs doing well we have no info if one is better long term.
    So without the spare the rear hatch floor is lower to give more space, but if you like sleeping in the rear you would need a couple inch DIY insert to make the floor level with the rear seats down in the no-spare case.

Not sure we ever fully understood or agreed with the magnitude of the EPA MPG differences...much discussion at the time here.

Hope I am still current on this stuff...we'll see if everyone agrees.

RCO and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's not the tires, I believe sometimes the Eco comes with same tires as other levels? The specd air pressure is higher, kind of meaningless.

No one knows for certain why the mpg is higher on Eco, could be different programming? Various other levels have the same battery.

For me, no hatch cover, no spare, no rear wiper, would equal no sale.

RCO likes this.
  4. Tande

Tande Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And.......more $$.......

Mendel Leisk likes this.