1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale ChapmanF's Gen 1 spare parts collection

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by ChapmanF, May 4, 2016.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I realized that when I listed my recently collision-damaged but otherwise fully functioning 2001 Electric Green Mica, I did not also describe the ChapmanF Gen 1 Prius spare parts collection. So here goes (I'll probably forget a few things):

Brand new in box (all from Toyota unless otherwise stated):
    • Engine overhaul gasket set (bought in 2012 when I was more ambitious to get to the bottom of noisy cold engine mystery, never got around to it)
    • Engine water pump
    • Thermostat
    • Couple extra exhaust-pipe-to-manifold donuts
    • HV battery rebuild kit (the one they supplied to dealers for the sealing recall; includes all new bus bar/sense wire assemblies and other internal cables, new terminal nuts and module mounting screws, bus bar protectors, stack-end resin sheets, and absorbent pads for doing the sealing)
    • One front wheel bearing (bought both when I changed the left front; kept the other since right front didn't need it yet)
    • Some oil filters
    • Caliper rebuild kit (seals, boots, grease for two calipers)
    • Driver door lower hinge (I bought upper and lower when the door was loose, but just changing the upper fixed it)
    Leftovers or obtained from recycler:
    • Steering wheel (cruise control kit from Metro came with entire wheel, so this is my old one; it is also possible to add the cruise switch to an original wheel).
    • Right front fender, Electric Green Mica, from a recycler (picked up the first year I owner the car, to correct a small dent in the car's RF fender, which I never got around to doing)
    • HV battery enclosure (less top cover and compression rods), obtained from Bob Wilson under highly suspicious and entertaining circumstances.
    • Inner structure and mounting base of right outside mirror (saved from old mishap that cracked outer shell but left inner parts undamaged).
    Other...
    • Replated caliper brackets (left and right) and caliper (right), slide pins*

The tidiest scenario would be where someone is interested in both the car and the Spare Parts Collection and PMs me with an offer to cover both ... then I can just put the Spare Parts Collection in the car and you can drive it away.

But if it turns out there isn't anyone interested in both, I could entertain separate offers too. I'd just rather not be making a dozen trips to ship things; it would be easier to treat the collection together.

-Chap

* In my search for a decent remanufacturer of Toyota calipers (the answer turned out to be: Toyota), I ended up with both of my original caliper brackets left over, plus the off-brand reman with the cheapo finish that rusted in a few weeks ... which almost certainly had been a real Toyota caliper once before the offbrand remanufacturer got their cheapskate mitts on it. Seeing that Toyota's own reman process involves replating with zinc, I took those parts to my local electroplater and got them cleaned up and replated also, as spares. Mostly to see how they'd turn out, and I'd say it was a success. Meaning to reassemble with a Toyota piston, seals and boots, and recheck the piston return, but haven't.