1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

17 WAYS TO BE A GOOD LIBERAL

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Aug 14, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Odd....but true - - ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, if the Gay Pride Parade was set up on government property, I might have an issue.
    Never have seen a "support Gay rights" sign on city/county/federal buildings or lawns, however. At least, none that lasted longer than 3 seconds.
    So, why should I see "The reason for the season" plastered all over the government's property? What if I happen to completely disagree with that whole religious premise? The government is forbidden to endorse any particular religion, even christianity.

Anyone can have a manger scene on their property. Even on their business property. My chiropractor has one, every year. However, city hall better not put one up, or I'm protesting.

3. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Aug 14 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]495521[/snapback]</div>
    figures the guy drives a camry and not a prius

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

As the old saying goes " some kids got on the bus others missed the bus"

The real funny thing about this thread is that, I bettcha Dubbya would not even understand it at all and he's a republicdumb.. and he's the guiding light right now what a mess were in.

Obama looks like a genius next to him, and I don't even like Obama.

5. ohershey

ohershey New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Aug 14 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]495521[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, just one sadly outnumbered conservative trying to make up in volume for the lack of supporting voices... ;)

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As long as we're posting old forwards:

7. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Aug 14 2007, 05:32 PM) [snapback]495696[/snapback]</div>
    Very good :) I have not seen that one before!!

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Aug 14 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]495696[/snapback]</div>
    That totally rocks, dude! thanks :D

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Aug 14 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]495696[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmmmm, I noticed your "Joe List" didn't mention anything about welfare reform which was a Nixon era program. Democrats were shocked at the time Nixon laid out his proposals, why? Well because they had no legislative proposals of their own on welfare reform. Hey look at that! Another do nothing democratic congress! :lol:

I suspect that most of your "Joe List" could not have happened without help and advice from the other side of the aisle. :p

Another point I'd like to make is that so far only "Mitt Romney" has been able to implement a plan of universal coverage for the state of Mass.

Wildkow

10. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    17 WAYS TO BE A GOOD CONSERVATIVE:

1. You have to be for capital punishment, but deny the reproductive rights of women.

2. You have to believe that businesses care entirely about the welfare of its custormers and believe that
    government agencies do nothing to protect against the pollution, exploitations, and other consequences
    of profit-only minded policies of corporations.

3. You have to believe that you have the right to own 100 guns like david koresh and believe that "Thou shalt not kill" is just a suggestion.

4. You have to believe that naked statuetes need to be covered or else seeing it might make you masturbate in public.

5. You have to believe that the entire field of science is "just a theory" and are too stupid to recognize how
    stupid that is.

6. You have to hate homosexuals and look forward to the second coming so that they can all be sent to hell
    and endure an eternity of pain and suffering, something you wholeheartedly agree with.

7. You have believe that AIDs was created by God to punish gays and fornicators(oh wait I guess he's also
    punishing africans and hemophiliacs and other blood transfusion recepients).

8. You have to believe that the only way to have a daughter remain a virgin till her wedding day is to have a sicko purity ball, and even after that, you are still going to be jealous when your daughter does it with her husband on their wedding night. That's just freaky to well-adjusted people.

9. You think that polluting the air, water, and land does not count as pollution and that radioactive waste
    is just a theory.

10. You have to believe that earning something is a human construct. What you really believe is if you received it, it was God's divine plan.

11. You have to believe the ACLU is bad because it supports certain
    parts of the Constitution, while the NRA is good because it
    supports certain parts of the Constitution.

12. You have to believe that there should not be any taxes. "I earned it" cause my daddy left it in my
    inheritance is the ultimate form of meritocracy.

13. You have to believe in perposterous made-up accusations about people who don't believe the same BS that you believe in.

14. You are a racist. You don't think slavery had anything to do with the plight and inequities that many people are suffer these days. You believe that "your people," had they been the victims of slavery, they would have been just fine after emancipation. But because "those people," have yet to pull themselves up with their bootstraps, then they are inferior. That's why you're a racist.

15. You have to believe that it's just fine that a billionaire should pay only a 5 percent income tax rate, but a teacher should pay a 30% tax rate.

16. You believe Santa Claus is real. And if you don't, how can you prove he's not.

17. You have to believe that this message is a unprovoked attack on your christian values and integrity. Well guess what, that's just a theory.

GOD BLESS AMERICA !
    Oops, can't do that either!
    You're right he/she/it can't cause he/she/it don't exist.

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't forget:

18. You believe that violence is bad, unless you're the perpetrator. Then, it is "justified" and your "right."
    (a sub paragraph of your #3)

12. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Well, burritos, that's an eintirely new response for me to one of your posts.. laughter. I have to give you credit, that was a clever riposte. Hmmm... a riposte is better than a re-post?

13. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What sickend me the most was how many of those are opposing views set forth by religion.

How can so many people in our supposedly educated country assume such grossly outdated values that fly completely in the face of modern scientific information. Believing in some of those opposing views consitutes the equivalence to a "flat-earth" society. lol

Obviously I'm bashing the supposedly "conservative" views and religion in general.. deal with it. lol

14. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Aug 15 2007, 08:58 PM) [snapback]496686[/snapback]</div>
    Well as a Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian which modern scientific information are you accusing me of being in its face such that it would be the equivalent to believing in or belonging to a “flat-earth" society?

Wildkow

15. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because I'm an Aussie I have no idea what this is all about.
    Please don't explain it, I don't care.

16. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 16 2007, 03:09 AM) [snapback]496770[/snapback]</div>
    Do you believe the world was created in 4004 BC.? lol

17. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

18. You have to follow the likes of Obama/Clinton and find charge and spend apologists like ann coulter wrong headed.

18. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Aug 15 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]496686[/snapback]</div>
    Your hatred is directed at a caricature that doesn't exist, written by a troll that has a major hard on for Christianity. Somehow we don't see the same mean spirited comments about Islam, Wicca, Hindu's etc.

19. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05_SilverPri @ Aug 16 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]496918[/snapback]</div>
    I'll slam Islam even harder than christianity. I think more people should. Sensitivity for religious beliefs that are completely devoid of evidence is a big problem in our world. One need only consult the teachings of Abraham/Mohammad to see that (the scripture in Leviticus, Dueteronomy and the Qur'an are horrific.) :) I generally do not "hate" but I do and will fight against beliefs that so forcefully affect my daily life. As Sam Harris would put it, beliefs are not a private matter and never have been. "Beliefs are scarcely more private than actions are, for every belief is a fount of action in potentia." ~ Sam Harris in End of Faith

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." ~ Christopher Hitchens

Some may find my dialog upsetting but no more than I find our government withdrawing funding for family planning in other countries if the agency mentions abortion or condom use. How many millions could possible die because of that religion based choice?

20. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ahh good one its always good to see Buritos Trolling.... :rolleyes:

As stated in my Signature:
    "When you fight for prayer in school, you'd better be ready to hear other people's prayers. When you fight for the freedom of speech, you'd better be ready to hear what other people say. When you defend the freedom of the press, you'd better be willing to read what they print.
    But as soon as you take one freedom from another American citizen, you'd better be prepared to lose your own. Only a fool fights to revoke someone else's rights." TonyPSchaefer