1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st dealer service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by KLear, Mar 7, 2010.

1. KLear

KLear New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello

I will be taking my 7 week old 2007 (sold 8/07 to original owner) for it's first oil change soon (the carfax stated it was last changed in November). I will ask for synthetic. The car will be near the end of the original warranty. Any suggestions on what I should ask to be checked? FYI I do have the extended warranty.

Thanks!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    See the scheduled maintenance list in your warranty/maintenance booklet, or at:
    Toyota Parts and Service

At minimum,

- Replace engine oil (5W-30 viscosity) and oil filter.
    - Check engine air and cabin air filters and replace now if not previously replaced at 30K miles.
    - Check tire condition: tire pressure and tread wear. Replace tires if needed.

Anything else is optional.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ask them to check the dipstick after they fill with oil to make sure they didn't overfill it. (It is very common) You should check it too.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ditto that. To avoid overfilling tell them "three quarts only"; for even more certainty buy the three quarts of synthetic yourself (it will be cheaper elsewhere) and hand it to them. Tell them you will check the dipstick before you leave, and then do it. This is much easier than arguing with them after the fact.