1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st Long Trip to Maine

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rags747, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Rags747

Rags747 New Member

well took our 1st long trip to Freeport Maine this past weekend for a 4 day getaway due to the schools being closed this week. I checked the tires on Sat before the trip and all 4 were at 32psi, I pumped the front to 40 and the rear to 38psi. I have to say that I am extremely pleased the way she handled the trip. With a little over 300 miles on her she was very road worthy. 70-80mph absolutely no problem at all, she handles the hills much better than our suv as far as keeping her speed up although I did notice the crosswind issue. The 3 of us had 4 soft bags for luggage and needless to say we cleaned up with the shopping in both Kittery and Freeport, put the small seat down for the return trip...she carries a lot of stuff!

On the trip up we got 43mpg and the return trip we got 45.1mpg, again at a pretty good cruising speed of 70-75mph. I like her a lot!!

We now have about 900 miles on her. At what point can I expect to start getting better mileage with her?