1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st month

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by LowandSlo, Aug 12, 2010.

1. LowandSlo

LowandSlo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had my '10 for a month and overall like it. I rented one for a day before I made the decision. Looked at the Insight and VW tdi but the Prius won out. So far decent mileage and no rattles.
    I'm getting a scangauge to see more of what's going on. Suggestion for Toyota - All the info's available now in the car's sensors and there's a nice multipage display so why not change the software to have a page or two to show things like engine and inverter coolant temp, volts, amps, rpms etc. I'd be happy to give up the every 5 minute gas mileage page to get more information on what's happening under the hood. You would be able to see if the inverter coolant pump was failing before it completely overheats the inverter and strands you with all the warning lights on and a possibly ruined inverter. Seems like a simple software change is all it needs.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to the party!

Yeah, Toy probably didn't want to overwhelm the typical driver with all the gauges. Someone would likely sue b/c they were not paying attention and ran off the road.

3. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yeah i was thinking the same thing. Seeing all that data would be cool, but probably wouldn't be necessary. i could care less what the amps/volts/temp were. all i care about is MPG haha. But im sure there are some interfaces you can connect to view all that data