1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st PHEV Prius Styled J1772 Charger now Operational

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, May 14, 2010.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    When the new factory PHEV's & EV's get here, you won't necessarily be scrambling to find a charger. Besides Nissan's planned infrastructure, others will be installing J1772's as well.

Excerpt From Plugin America:

I know there are some companies that are already driving the PHEV factory Prius (neither you nor I can get one ... yet). That must mean SOME of these chargers are in use at the company's locations. So this one is the 1st publicly accessible charger. I thought that was kind of cool. No privately owned vehicles use this format yet. Even so, the chargers are coming. Won't it be cool, when PHEV's & EV's are so prevalent, that you may find a charging station is unavailable, because they're all occupied?
    :rockon:

2. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i wonder who will be the first idiot to lick the end of the plug and electrocute themselves.

hopefully Sikes

3. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The end of the plug is not electrified with the J1772 until the charge and car have confirmed a good connection.

4. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You're exactly right.