1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st service due

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jimemak, Jun 1, 2004.

1. jimemak

jimemak New Member

Any Prius Club of San Diego members, and/or San Diego Prius owners with service dep't recommendations or condemnations? Bob Baker in Lemon Grove is closest, but haven't heard much positive about dealership or service dep't. Due for my first service and would greatly appreciate your input.

Jerry

2. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I won't be needing a dealer for some time since I'm going to do my own oil changes, but I was satisfied with Toyota of El Cajon when they serviced my Camry (I think it was when I had the timing belt done). TofEC also has a satellite location in Santee if that's closer to you. I would think the main thing would be to personally interview the Prius tech(s) to see how you feel about their level of quality and expertise (i.e. quiz them on how much oil, what weight, etc.). Quite frankly I'd almost be willing to go up to Carson for my major service since they probably see more Prius than just about anyone.

BTW I did NOT get a good feeling about Bob Baker Toyota when I went there for a test drive last year, and I would never go there for anything. I have also heard that Kearny Mesa Toyota has made some mistakes in their servicing department, but they are apparantly willing to cooperate with the owners to correct problems.

Pat

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go to cars.com, look for the Car Talk Mechan-X Files area. It provides user service recommendations by ZIP code.