1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1st service with prepaid plan--disappointed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Darwin23, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Darwin23

Darwin23 New Member

I went to toyota of north hollywood for my 5000 mile service. I bought the prepaid maintenance plan so i was hoping all i need to do is bring the auto care envelope. well, the guy told me that my coupon only covers the oil change for the car and that they recommend additional service such as tire rotation, and inspection. my plan doesnt cover it he said and if i want it i have to pay an additional 49.95 since its retail price is 79.95 and my coupon pays for 30 bucks worth of service. Of course i wanted the additional service so i paid the 50 bucks....but i'm really disappointed because' i thought the prepaid maintenace plan covers everything.

2. too tall

too tall New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwin23 @ Jun 1 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]264301[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like you were scammed. The prepaid maintenance covers everything you need at no additional charge. My 5,000 mile service was retail $59, of which the dealership had to "eat" $29 and the charged back $30 worth of service to the program... Wherever that goes. Toyota I guess or maybe the dealer where I purchased the car. Anyway it cost me nothing. (I have never heard of a tire rotation at 5,000 miles either.)

3. riscky

riscky New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwin23 @ Jun 1 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]264301[/snapback]</div>
    So basically they sold you pre-paid oil changes... does contract state that?

4. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(too tall @ Jun 1 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]264324[/snapback]</div>
    Try looking in your "Scheduled Maintenance Guide", a thin blue book that should be in the packet with the rest of your manuals. It will tell you that tire rotation is part of the "required" service at each 5,000 mile service. At least I know this to be true for the 2005 and 2006 Prius in the USA. Our local dealer has tried to tell us they only do it "every other time", but then they are trying to push people into 3,600 mile oil changes.

- Tom

5. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Did you get the "classic" or the "premium" prepaid maintenance program? If you got "premium" then it should include tire rotation and more major service every 15,000 miles. If you got screwed by the dealer, a refund is in order (and a call to Toyota Corporate wouldn't hurt, either).

Here's a link to information about both plans from the Toyota website. You might need to print this out when you go to get your refund from your dealer's service department.

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/pyv/prepaid...ance/index.html

I forgot to add that you can go to someplace like Discount/America's Tire and pay $10 per tire for rotation/balance every 5,000 miles for the life of the tires, even if you didn't purchase them there. Some dealers charge almost that much for ONE rotation, so I think it's a really great deal. I did that when my car was new, because I do my own oil changes. The dealer only sees my car when there's a recall! :)

Also, both maintenance programs include the inspection.

Did you get the Toyota Financial Services maintenance, or was this something issued by that particular dealer and is not valid anywhere else?

6. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Now you know why most of us don't recommend pre-paid maintenance. What a rip. I'd rotate your tires for $10. "Inspect" 'em, too. :rolleyes:

Do you remember what Mr. Nice Finance Man verbally told you when he sold you the plan?

7. PriusTex

PriusTex New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    FYI--It looks like Toyota took down the Prepaid Plans website?

8. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Go to Firestone or wherever your tires are from and have them rotate it.

It's $10 if you have 4 Firestone/Bridgestone tires on your car and free if you bought any tires from them (and they are all Firestone/Bridgestone).

I get my tire rotations for free cause I bought 1 tire from them when I had a damaged sidewall. Not bad at all. Funny thing is, it's literally right next to my Toyota dealership, which I don't go to anymore. LOL.