1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Auto Power Window Switches?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by davefmy, Mar 11, 2006.

1. davefmy

davefmy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone know if the auto up/down power window switch, can be ordered and installed on the front passenger window on the drivers side?

Am courious as this option would come in handy a lot.

Thanks!

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You could probably install the switch, but there are other electronics that control the automatic position sensing and such so it knows when to stop at the upper/lower limits, and reset the positioning when the power is lost. Not sure how easy it would be to install those (if it's possible at all).

Dave

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I compared the Prius Wiring Diagram to the RX400h (which has auto windows at all locations). It appears that the motors and switches are different for the "auto" locations. It may be possible to swap out the motors and switches and wire them in, but that's a big project.

Nate

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i've been wondering this question myself. If anyone attempts it, i would like to see the steps done. I have been wanting to do this project for a while.

5. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid @ Mar 11 2006, 07:13 PM) [snapback]223665[/snapback]</div>

I'm gonna bring this back up. been almost a year and wondering if anybody has done it or looked into it. It's tough even to find the switches!

6. tonyt

tonyt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Doubt if special motors are needed. Back when I was involved in the 12V industry you can get a module you add inline to your power windows and 1 touch up and down as added for all windows. Lots of cutting and splicing, but the brain basicaly was relays and resistors. So most likely could be added with the correct switches.

7. le diable

le diable Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid @ Mar 11 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]223665[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto (but for both my cars, not just the Prius)

8. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's funny. I asked this same question last week. It doesn't look feasible.

1. Different motor and number of wires.

2. The smarts are part of the big driver's side module, not the switch itself.