1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Bluetooth Devices

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marvinh, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Marvinh

Marvinh Marvin

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just got my Treo 650 phone working with bluetooth in my 07 Prius, Pkg #5.

I have the Jabra headset and the car bluetooth device both paired with the phone. What happens when I make or receive a call? Must I manually choose which bluetooth device I should use to answer the call? Or if I answer with the Jabra headset and NOT the car device, will the car bluetooth interfere? If I don't anwser with the car bluetooth will the call automatically be routed to the Jabra headset?

Thanks! - Marvin

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The phone will stay connected to the first thing it was attached to. So if it was paired to the earpiece, it will stay paired to it. The car cannot connect to the phone while the earpiece is connected. And vice versa.

3. Marvinh

Marvinh Marvin

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Aug 10 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]493715[/snapback]</div>
    I first paired the phone to the car bluetooth device. Just to clarify...so does that mean it will NOT route the call through earpiece device if that is the second device I pair it to? I cannot switch back and forth between the two devices?

The reason I'm asking... I don't think there is a way to have a private conversation with the car bluetooth device. The callers voice comes over the car speakers, correct? Is there a way to have a private conversation?

Thanks again! Marvin

4. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Marvinh:
    Your cell phone always tries to connect to the device it connected to last time. If it fails to,
    it will then try other devices in the connection history list by the ordering.

Now, if I understand your statements correctly, you would like
    to use Prius BT normally but when you need a private conversation, what do you do?
    tell the other end to hold for a second,
    #1: w/o headset) pick up the phone and disconnect BT to Prius. The voice call goes to the phone.
    #2: w/ headset) pick up the phone and disconnect BT to Prius, then connect BT to headset.

I am pretty sure the #1 work, and the #2 "should work" but it depends heavily on your cell phone.
    Hope this help.

5. Marvinh

Marvinh Marvin

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ceric @ Aug 10 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]493748[/snapback]</div>
    Makes sense Ceric and Vagabond. Thanks! I always get great answers here! - Marvin