1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Day Old White #6

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tomato, Jun 7, 2006.

1. tomato

tomato New Member

I picked up my white #6 on Monday after only 1 month wait from dealer #2 that i dealt with.
    I drove from Denver about 70 miles to Ehrilich Toyota in Greely, CO. Great place to deal with,
    no pressure from financing about extra service plans or warranty. I would recommend anyone
    this area to try going through them if they have problems with any Denver dealers.
    Does anyone have a good way to clean off the dead bugs off thr front without scratching the paint?
    All my other cars I haven't worried too much about it, but this one looks too nice!
    Thanks!

2. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Some warm water with a gentle car wash soap and non-abrasive sponge should do the trick.

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use Meguiar's cleaner/wax that I've had for years. It is OK for clearcoat finishes, and leaves a protective coating after removing the bird crap, bugs, road tar, etc. It can't fix rock chips, but is good for most other things that stick to the paint.

I love my white option 6. I got it the same day I used carsdirect.com. No wait. My only knock is the beige interior. I wanted gray. The beige soils easy, but seems to clean OK so far (10,000 miles since Jan12.)

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My 2006 "Super White" package 5 has been MY CAR since April 19. I upgraded her with gray leather seats a couple of weeks ago - she's oh so lovely! I'm sure yours is, too.

5. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Jun 7 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]267384[/snapback]</div>
    It's "bisque", not beige. ;) (I can't believe Toyota called it "bisque".)
    I've had my '06 Super White #6 for just about a month and am lovin' it. I was adamant to get the beige instead of the dark grey because I felt it would help to keep the car cooler in the summer. But now, as the beige is such a light color, I'm concerned it'll be difficult to keep clean.