1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 days after Fisker buys giant hybrid plant, Governor Schwarzenegger offers Tesla 320M to stay in CA

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Just two days after Fisker announced it was buying old GM factory to mass produce $39,900 hybrids, Governor Schwarzenegger of CA offers Tesla $320M worth of factory equipment to stay in CA and build large new factory to produce sub-$50K plug-ins. Potential sites for the factory are Long Beach and Downey.The Model S is to be an plug-in electric four-door family sedan that can travel 300 miles and cost under $50,000 when production begins in 2011.

Tesla strikes deal to make cars in California - Auto Motion : The Orange County Register

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  3. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: 2 days after Fisker buys giant hybrid plant, Governor Schwarzenegger offers Tesla 320M to stay i

The Fremont NUMMI plant is HUGE. Way too big for Tesla at this point.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: 2 days after Fisker buys giant hybrid plant, Governor Schwarzenegger offers Tesla 320M to stay i

+1

5. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Cali has no money to offer, they are beyond broke. THey also have tax rates that rape businesses.

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

But there is always room for corporate welfare. Corporations will stay just long enough to reap the tax benefits. Happens here all the time.

7. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Update: I heard about this on the news radio (KNX 1070) today.
    Tesla is nearing a deal to build an EV factory in Downey to produce it's upcoming $57K Model S electric car. An official deal will be announced within the next ten days, according to KNX.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/11/tesla-model-s-factory-downey/