1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

<2 Month Wait!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by petersw, May 13, 2004.

1. petersw

petersw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I had to compromise a bit on the package and color, but I took delivery of my new Prius last night. Details:

Date ordered: March 28th, 2004
    Package Ordered: Millennium Silver Metallic, #7
    Dealer: Hanlees Toyota of Richmond, CA. They required a $500 deposit, but never cashed the check.
    Time frame: 2 to 3 months

Date received: May 12, 2004
    Package bought: Salsa Red Pearl, #9
    Price: MSRP, plus carpet mats and applique

Overall, my experience with this dealer was pretty good, although they wouldn't negotiate on anything! Still, in the world of dealers they seemed OK. Although they are a smaller dealership, they do get a few Priuses in each month.

One interesting fact...When I picked up my car, they had several other Priuses sitting in back. These all had no option package on them, and evidently had been ordered by Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The car is great, and most definitely worth the wait!

2. twenty8moons

twenty8moons New Member

Thanks for the info. I called them today and was quoted 2-3 months but told that if I am flexible on color or packages (which I am) that it could be much shorter. Although I am on another dealers list, I decided to go ahead and put my name down on this one, along with the $500 check. I feel bad being on more than one list as I really like my first dealership but I also don't want to be waiting through the summer as gas prices keep sucking away my life savings.

Did you finance through Richmond? And if so, were you happy with the process/outcome?

How many days in notice did you have that your car was on it's way?

Thanks again for the tip.

3. petersw

petersw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since this car was a different color from the one I first ordered, there was no "allocation" time per se. I think the sequence of events was like this:

Wednesday: Received a call from dealer saying they have a red #9 that had just come in and was available. Am I interested? I said "yes", and told them I'd be in that evening. I went in that night, agreed on the car, and completed some of the paperwork.

Thursday: Dealer prepped car, and I went in on Thursday night to finish the sale and drive home!

The financing rate was pretty good through Toyota (4.35%), but I ended up financing through my credit union at 3.99%. I was given five days from date of purchase to decide on financing.

4. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have no idea what the import regulations would be for the US, but there are a few available on lots in Canada, so if people are really desperate for a car, might be another option.

(that said, people would need to investigate tax issues, import issues, warranty issues, etc).

Dave.

5. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My dealer told me that the US dealers will only honor a Canadian vehicle's warranty if the car is registered in Canada.