1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 prii, any problem with two fobs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jennjay, May 26, 2006.

1. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have 2 Prii, 05 and 06. I like to have all my keys on one chain. Am I asking for a problem carrying both fobs together? Have not had a problem yet, but I hear that cellphones and other things with RF siganals can cause problems. Is a second fob a source of RF interference?

2. hilore

hilore New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jennjay @ May 26 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]261501[/snapback]</div>
    Can you ask the dealer to program all the FOBs for both cars?
    I understand that Prius allow four FOBs per car. Am I correct?

--Hilore

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you can't have a fob programmed for 2 cars. well, theoretically you can, but it would be a serious pain in the tail to program and to use. the likelihood of it actually working is pretty much zip.

4. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't think having both fobs the same is a good idea. The cars are usually next to each other and there are times that it might cause a problem. Unocking one and not the other, etc. I was just wondering if them being in my pocket together is a problem. Interference, battery rundown, etc. Like I said no apparent problems yet.

5. routeonedog

routeonedog New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jennjay @ May 26 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]261501[/snapback]</div>
    On a side note, while walking down the street at work the other day I passed
    a parked Lexus SUV. It chirped as I passed by, which I though was bizarre
    until I realized that I had my fob in my pocket.

Was temped to give it a try, but did.