1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Prius Families

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tadashi, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone have 2 Prius and been able to key two different fobs (from two vehicles) to one vehicle? I am trying to do this so that my wife and I only have to carry one fob for both vehicles instead of having to carry two. The dealer told me that this is not possible and that when the fob is keyed to on prius it wipes the other out. Is this true? Any way to get around this? Thanks.

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We're a two Prius family. I was told the same thing by my dealer. I've just learned to live with two fobs in my pocket. Since my wife carries a purse, it's no big deal for her. Both of our cars have the SKS, so she just leaves both fobs in her purse, and I leave both fobs in my pocket.

3. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There have been a couple of threads on this subject as far as I know.
    This thread has some info and a reference to a longer thread

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=13207&hl=fobs

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lots of threads on this question. I've held for a long time that I don't think it is possible without replacing both SKS ECUs. DanMan and some other people smarter than me say that it is theoretically possible.

Someone on PriusOnline who has this situation AND a THHT tried and failed to program both fobs with the SKS...I think he did succeed in getting the fob to work in the ignition or something, but not with the SKS.

I've yet to hear of a single fully successful implementation of a single fob for 2 cars.

5. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    oops, sory, in my excitement to prove the dealer wrong I forgot about that search button. :p I guess a new fob that keeps track of two cars would have to be made.