1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2 Weeks and My Prius is Not Saving Me $$

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hallowday, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Hallowday

Hallowday New Member

I'm getting 3 times the mileage of my trade-in (2002 Montero Sport) but I enjoy driving it so much that I am driving 3 times as many miles. Didn't count on this!! :lol:

2. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

I can relate to this. I am looking for excuses to go out in the Prius :D.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Guilty as charged. I promise to do better, the only problem is that I keep getting these new toys to add on to the car and you have to try them out, don't you?

4. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Man, that is hilarious and can totally relate! My wife keeps having to "run to the store". I told her she should combine her trips because she is defeating the purpose. On one trip, she came back with apples, the next, dog food. I sure hope the Prius is the reason she is taking off in the evenings! :blink:

But then, with mine, I leave almost 2 hours early for work just to have a drive around.

I think in a previous post, someone mentioned that even though we use less gas, we will then drive around twice as much. Guess he was correct!

5. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    DITTO!!! :blink:

6. Hallowday

Hallowday New Member

I drive 50 miles roundtrip through city traffic every day. I used to dread the drive. Now I look forward to it and wouldn't mind if it were a little longer. :eek:

7. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Yeah, well that 2 hours leaving for work early is even more hilarious when you consider that I only work 2 miles from home :p

I love to drive around to get my average up!

8. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    This is true... I managed to put 24,000 on my '05 in just 12 months.

Oh... I live 8 miles from work and frequently work from HOME!

9. Hallowday

Hallowday New Member

I am sitting here laughing to myself because I do the same thing....drive past work or past the house to get a little more time behind the wheel and a few more 50+ five-minute bars.

10. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Wow! That's ALOT of miles in 1 year!

11. xbdude

xbdude opticat

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just picked up my 2006 Prius on January 21 and can relate to all the above posts. It's my first car in a while, having driven pickups for the past 15 years. Shockingly, I have noticed that while driving the Prius, everyone else on the road seems to be in a great rush to get somewhere. I guess I was like that once, too. Now I tend to motor along with purpose-- not at all slow, and often meet the ones in a rush at the next light.

Now, back to the owners' manual. It is truly an amazing car!

12. Hallowday

Hallowday New Member

Excellent point!! My drive is much less stressful with my new Prius. I used to be the one in such a great rush. Now I am driving more "friendly" and more relaxed. I think I am a safer driver now. And to top it off, I often pass or catch up to the guy that rushed by me.

13. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I have 15000 miles. I bought my '05 in May of '05. I was starting to wonder if I really WAS driving too much now...but then I looked at the cobwebs on my other two cars and realized I was just putting the same number of miles I used to put on 2 cars, onto one.

WHY am I keeping them? One is a convertible for summer fun, one is a mini-van for hauling big dirty stuff.

14. owl20

owl20 New Member

I'll join in here... I second your entire statement. I have named my Prius The Silver Guru. He has taught me to enjoy the 35 min. drive to work and back in peace, tranquility, and with a sense of inner "knowing." The "RUSH HOUR" is only in the minds of those who rush. I love to drive to and from work now! AHHH, The 60's are back!

15. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

:lol:

That was good.. I read the Topic and was wonderig 'What could this person be talking about?!?"

16. Dripps

Dripps New Member

This is very timely post. I was just thinking the same thing. I now WANT to drive and I offer to use my car so I can be in the Prius! I definately think MORE miles are result of owning such a fun car.

17. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm driving more too. When I had my Ford Probe, most of the driving was done in my wife's Windstar. Now it's the other way around. Also, my father likes to ride in the Prius so if we're together we use that. Yesterday was an exception, we used his 1964 Plymouth Fury to carry used auto batteries to the hazardous material recycling event. :)

18. dn6603

dn6603 New Member

This is so true. I had the car for about a day and already whenever i am driving people behind me cut me off in the HOV lane, honk like theres no tomorrow or high beam like crazy. And i am doing the speed limit here and trying to hit 60mpg :p.

19. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Bought mine August 16, owrk commute 8 miles, have 9200 on it so far.

60 in the HOV lane in LA could result in a major incident. Don't block it up.