1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

20 minute Prius v coolant change with UView Airlift

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Georgina Rudkus, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Did it today with my UView Airlift and two gallons of Zerex Asian coolant I got at NAPA for $10.99 each.

First, I drained the radiator by removing the yellow petcock without even taking off the underpanel or jacking up the car. It was accessible and reachable with my left arm extended behind the radiator.

After draining, I replaced the petcock and applied the Airlift system. 20 minutes total, and I was done.

There was no need to put the car into the inspection mode or to wait for the car to heat up and the fans to turn on.

jzchen likes this.
  2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for sharing.

First time I learned of the UView was on a Porsche forum. It wasn’t quite easy to look up, so I continued trying to collect a hybrid OEM Porsche and aftermarket setup. Vacuum filling seems to be the way to go, and it helps protect from air pockets. (Surprisingly at least for the NA V8 it does not require any hose disconnect nor special tools to bleed out any air).

3. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    jzchen likes this.